I bought this trunk/footlocker last month with the intention of modifying it into immense awesomeness
for vending- the goal being to have it end up being both functional (transporting my crap/stuff around) and aesthetically practical (displaying
all the crap I've just transported), saving me a ton of time on set up as well as giving my booth a little more of a professional/unifying look.
Trunk. Plus Chim, for scale.
To avoid potential disaster, I've decided to ask you guys for some ideas/suggestions before I actually dive in. Here are some thoughts I currently have, in handy list format:
- My style's rather ooky spooky Halloweeny cartoony- I want to emphasize that
- Inside needs to be painted (paint/technique suggestions encouraged), or otherwise prettied up
- I need to attach a magnet board and something to hang necklaces on to the part on the left
- Need to put in 2 shelves (so 3 sections) on the right part...
- ...and rig displays on each shelf for comics, cards, and stickers+pocket mirrors
- Ideas for rigging lights for nightclub vending welcome as well
- Need to replace the hinges so the damn thing will open all the way
- No plans to do much to the outside- maybe a large sticker with my logo and website- but the outside won't be seen much during display
Any and all suggestions welcome! Thanks!
(I did my best to be as vague as I could re: the stuff I sell, while still including the info I felt was relevant to this project. If there's anything I should edit out, please let me know and I shall do so as soon as I can :)